Another remodel…almost complete!

So, after my bedroom has been only half in shreds for well over a year, we have finally almost finished the bedroom this past weekend. What an AMAZING FEELING!!  Here are a  couple of BEFORE pictures…you can see the reason this needed to be completed, ASAP!

Bedroom before 1

Bedroom before 1

The previous owners had painted EVERYTHING!  I am not even joking the window behind the bed, doesn’t even open because it was painted and NAILED shut!  They painted the closet doors on the left of the picture, the laundry shoot just below whatever those shelf things were.  It was just awful.

Bedroom before 2

Bedroom before 2

Joey’s closet was even painted…everything was the same freaking color…except the fan, which was painted green…uuugggh.  Behind that shade there is a double paned window which doesn’t open either.

bedroom before 3

bedroom before 3

The door on the left leads directly to the kitchen…awkward!  The door on the right goes to the bathroom, the guest bedroom as well as the living room.

First order of business.  We had to remove the ugly installed painted closet.  In the second picture above…yep, those, gone!  Joey’s brother came over and helped us get rid of them and off to the burning pile at the farm, they went!

Second order of business.  The entrance to the kitchen must be CLOSED off, which Joey did just delightfully.

Door gone!

Door gone!

And with a little sheet rock, mudding and wall texture, it has disappeared!  Thank goodness.

Third, Joey and his brother Tyler installed new windows, that actually open!  I can’t wait for spring now, my friends!

1375120_10100113601500120_1067890068_n 1379844_10100113601664790_1582057030_n 1381196_10100113601555010_998456210_n 1385139_10100113601599920_1662179074_n 1385305_10100113173068700_1501686272_n

Window missing!

Window missing!

Into the bedroom

Into the bedroom

Other missing window

Other missing window

Joey’s brother, Tyler, above getting rid of debris from the other window (behind our bed).

New window!

New window!

Since our old window is slightly larger than our new window Joey had to create a new boxed in area for the window.  Love it!

Outside view

Outside view

Completed outside view of the large window looking in from the 3-season porch!

Smaller window

Smaller window

Almost finished smaller window, looking awesome!  Along with finishing the windows came the part where Joey had to cover up the holes in the walls which he did using sheet rock and mudding.  Then we had to fix the texture both on the wall and the ceiling.  This took some time.  We also took into consideration the the walls which lead to the exterior are made from brick.   We first painted on some concrete sealer to protect the inside of the house from moisture which could possibly seep in from weather changes.

Covered wall

Covered wall

After the windows were done, I was able to paint.  I wanted a tealish color.  The color came out a little more bright than I had expected; however, the color is definitely growing on me.  I can always repaint in a few years if I absolutely hate it.  I tore out all the old trim.  Painted the ceiling and the walls.  New paint color will show up in the following photos.

The next step was to rip out the old, stained carpet and pad.

Old carpet

Old carpet

New floors!

New floors!

Look at the difference from the old to the new.  Now, we could have obviously attempted stripping and refinishing the old floors; however, similar to the living room remodel, there was all kinds of different wood and patterns, so not necessarily worth the headache.  Instead we used the t-lock laminated flooring.

Floor!

Floor!

One the floor was laid and Joey installed the new trim I had picked out around the outer edges, I was able to lay my new carpet where our bed will sit as to not scratch the floor.

Rug

Rug

Floor with trim!

Floor with trim!

We also got new face plates for the light switches and plug ins.  You also notice we have real furniture which matches.

Almost done!

Almost done!

There are still a few things left to complete.  We need to hang the homemade curtains I made, we are getting new NON-PAINTED closet doors as well as a new NON-PAINTED bedroom door.  But the amount of work from beginning to end is pretty impressive.  Stay tuned for the finishing touches to make our bedroom complete!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Wedding

Wedding DaySeptember 1st, 2012
Our Wedding Day!

Categories

%d bloggers like this: